If the time has come for you, or your son or daughter to head off to college, you may be considering bringing a car. Going to college is an exciting time, and it can be either a blessing or a curse bringing a vehicle with you. To make this decision either for you and your family, weigh out these pros and cons:
- Convenience: Rather than walking, using public transportation, or calling a cab, you could use your car to go when and where you need to. It definitely makes it that much easier to go to the store for groceries or to the cafe for a cup of coffee.
- Independence: You won’t have to rely on anyone for a ride, if you bring your car with you to college.
- Friends: With a car, comes friends, as you might yourself driving you and your friends all around Ann Arbor, MI.
- Auto Repair: We are conveniently located near University of Michigan, and we are the trusted source of auto repair and service for both faculty and students. You can count on us to keep your vehicle run on alternative fuel running safely and smoothly, so you can focus on acing your exams or making it to your class on time.
- Costs: It can be expensive bringing a car to college. Make sure you and your parents can handle all the costs that come with owning a vehicle.
- Parking Costs: At most universities, a parking permit can be bit on the pricey side. Make sure you figure out the exact cost before you make any decisions.
- Distraction: Is your vehicle going to be a distraction for you? Is it going to take away from your time studying? If you can answer no to those questions, then you shouldn’t worry.
If your car is with you at college, and you are looking for an auto repair shop, State Street Auto Service is your best choice. To schedule an appointment with our team, call us at (734) 761-8006. We are conveniently located at 2115 S. State Street, #B, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.