At State Street Auto Service, we aim to minimize the carbon footprint we leave on our planet, which is one of the reasons why we have decided to celebrate Earth Day this April. And with Spring being around the corner, it is the perfect time to honor our planet Earth. Drive green with these 5 tips:
- Anticipate traffic. If you are thinking about what is ahead, you can anticipate when you have to give gas or brake. Several studies have shown that accelerating and braking quickly uses up a lot of fuel.
- Monitor your vehicle’s speed. If you limit your vehicle’s speed, you can also limit your CO2 emissions.
- Get rid of unnecessary weight. For every bit of excess weight in your vehicle, fuel consumption is increased.
- Minimize your time spent in traffic, as there is more braking and accelerating in rush hour, or worse traffic jams. Plan your appointments carefully, so you can work around the traffic in Ann Arbor.
- Avoid idling. Idling wastes one liter of fuel per hour. If you have to wait even one minute, just turn your car off.
Our technicians specialize in the service and repair of vehicles run on alternative fuel, and we can make sure your vehicle is running efficiently and effectively. To schedule an appointment, call us at (734) 761-8006. We are conveniently located at 2115 S. State Street, #B, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Again, happy 2018 from our team at State Street Auto Service!