We all love to bring our dog with us, as it makes those long days go by that much faster. However, we have to be cautious of bringing our furry co-pilot along for the ride. There are several things we must be mindful of, which is why we have a compiled a few tips and tricks for driving with your beloved pup:
- Don’t let your dog roam free. It’s important to keep your pet confined to one area, as to minimize distractions. Also, he could get seriously injured in the event of an accident.
- Try a safety harness. Yes, there are safety harnesses for dogs, and these devices are meant to work with your car’s existing seat belt.
- Stop frequently. When taking a long trip, a mess in the car is not at the top of our list of fun things to do, so make sure you stop frequently to avoid one of those smelly situations.
- Don’t forget about food or water. It’s always good to be prepared with a bag of food and a bottle of water for your pup.
- Make sure you have an ID tag. Just in case your dog somehow gets separated from you, it’s important to ensure you have a way he gets back to you.
Don’t let an unexpected accident put a damper on your day with your dog. Our technicians specialize in the service and repair of vehicles run on alternative fuel, so we will make sure your vehicle is running in excellent condition. To schedule an appointment, call us at (734) 761-8006. We are conveniently located at 2115 S. State Street, #B, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Again, happy 2018 from our team at State Street Auto Service!